Am I the girl who is going to force her boyfriend to take selfies in front of the changing trees? Am I the person who is going to buy a hot drink from Starbucks and snap chat a picture of me holding it in my cozy fall attire? Am I the girl is who is going to buy 25 pumpkins and pose them all on the front porch? Yes to all of the above, with no shame. I love fall more than anything else. Fall fashion, fall weather, fall colours, fall activities, fall foods. Everything that happens in those glorious autumnal months is pure magic. This year I intend on making it a dreamy, beautiful, Pinterest worthy season, and hopefully my autumn guide can help you do the same!
1. Enjoy a warm drink under the falling leaves. Autumn is my favourite time of year to be outside. Grab a fuzzy blanket, enjoy a snack (pumpkin muffin anyone?) and a warm drink out on the porch or backyard.
2. Be Outside. Seriously, don’t take this time of year for granted. It feels so much shorter than the freezing cold winter and scorching hot summer. Go for walks, smell the crisp air and gaze at the colours.
3. Revamp your wardrobe. Take a step away from the tank tops and jean shorts. Autumn is a great time to do a wardrobe revamp for one reason… sweaters. We all love to wear oversized, knit, granny sweaters. Pair it with leggings and a scarf and you’re good to go.
4. Bake. Autumn and Christmas are the only times I condone baking. Most of the year I find baking to be annoying, boring and difficult (WHY ARE MY MUFFINS ALWAYS TOO DRY?) But baking autumn treats will fill your kitchen with the smell of pumpkin, cinnamon, apple spice and pumpkin (again.), and for that reason alone, I will allow it.
5. Break out your dark make up. This is the time of year that you can step away from the bright pink summer lip and try out that maroon lipstick you’ve been eyeing. Shove the bright colours to the side and give your best vampy make up look a go!
6. Get cozy. Wear warm, knee high socks, buy knit beanies and scarves, cuddle under blankets, light lots of candles and enjoy the season… because snow is only a matter of weeks away.
Please leave a comment below letting me know what activities you’re most looking forward to!
- xo, becca