Holiday music really becomes a play list of memories rather then just songs. Old fashioned carols remind me of decorating the Christmas tree with my family. Kelly Clarkson’s Christmas album reminds me of Ryan and I driving to and from family members houses on Christmas day. Michael Buble’s Christmas album reminds me of celebrating with friends in high school. Music is memories and holiday songs always feel so warm and fuzzy.
I’m really excited to share some of my favorites songs and carols with you guys! Hopefully the warm memories come flooding back!
- Michael Buble – Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) I think it’s safe to say that Michael Buble is the King of Christmas. This is probably my favorite song from his holiday album.
- Kelly Clarkson – Wrapped in Red. If Buble is the King of Christmas then Kelly has to be dubbed Queen. Her song Wrapped in Red is so romantic!
- Kelly Clarkson – White Christmas. White Christmas is one my my favorite Christmas songs in general and Kelly does it so well! (I’m sorry to include two Kelly songs, but it was already a struggle for me to narrow it down to just two. That entire album deserves its own playlist!)
- Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You. I mean, does this even need explaining?
- Lea Michelle – O Holy Night. Lea’s rendition of O Holy Night is stunningly beautiful. The girl can sing and she shows it off better then ever for this song. It always gives me chills!
- Judy Garland – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. The song is from a 1944 movie musical called Meet Me In St.Louis and it’s not even a holiday movie. The tune comes in for the brief part of the story that takes part during Christmas. It has gone on to become a classic carol – it wasn’t even from a Christmas movie! I just find that so impressive, it deserves a shout out! Not to mention it’s a beautiful song.
- xo, Becca